Salt Lake City is the ultimate winter destination. Beyond the beautiful scenery and outdoor adventures that Salt Lake City offers, the magnificent ski resorts that surround it separate it from the rest. In fact, there are 8 ski resorts all within an hour drive of Salt Lake City. And with this, the opportunities for adventure are endless. Check out these 8 nearby ski resorts that are filled with snow, thrill and excitement.
- Alta: Alta takes skiing pretty seriously! So seriously that it does not allow snowboarding on their snow. Known for being loved by locals, Alta has slopes for every skill level, beginner to advanced. This resort is approximately 45 minutes from Salt Lake City International Airport.
- Brighton: Only 35 miles from Salt Lake City International Airport, Brighton Ski Resort is one of the oldest resorts around. They recently spent a great amount of money and time updating their ski lifts to be state of the art and provide the safest experience for their visitors. A great option to bring children and families of any age.
- Canyons Resort: A seated chairlift, who could possibly say no? Canyons Resort is only 30 minutes from Salt Lake City and has far more than just mountains and hills filled with snow. Their high-end spas and restaurants give families and friends a place to unwind and rejuvenate.
- Deer Valley: Readers of SKI Magazine have voted Deer Valley the #1 resort in North America for five years in a row. For this reason, it’s no wonder why it attracts visitors from all over the world to take part in all the adventures. Beautifully kept slopes, onsite childcare and elegant dining are only a few of the amenities that Deer Valley offers.
- Park City Mountain Resort: With more than 2,000 acres of terrain and slopes, Park City offers everything from skiing and snowboarding to tubing and sledding. Bringing young ones? Park City even offers ski and snowboard school for children ages six to 14. Only 35 minutes from Salt Lake City, Park City is a great option for a short or long stay.
- Snowbird: Snowbird is known around the world for their Snowbird Mountain School that offers anyone, young or old, the opportunity to learn and excel in a new skill. Mountain biking and adventure trails are also a wonderful part of the resort, allowing visitors to participate in a variety of activities while in the snow-filled wonderland. Snowbird is 30 miles from Salt Lake City International Airport.
- Solitude: Designed after a Swiss village, this European-inspired resort offers far more than just winter sports. Located 12 miles up Big Cottonwood Canyon, visitors often know Solitude Mountain Resort as ‘a world away’. Restaurants, spas and lodging make Solitude the perfect getaway for friends and family.
- Snowdance: The lodging amenities at Snowdance separate it from the rest. Whether you want to stay in one of their regular rooms, suites or mountain homes, you will definitely feel like you have escaped reality. Only 55 minutes from Salt Lake City International Airport, Snowdance offers a variety of trails and terrain and world-renowned restaurants to chow down at afterwards.
And the variety of ski resorts that extend past an hour radius of Salt Lake City continues on an on. No matter where you travel in Utah, you are bound to find magnificent resorts with stunning amenities and activities for everybody in the family. Whether you’re a seasoned veteran of the area of have never been, Salt Lake City is a great place to start your winter adventure. Thinking about relocating? Make sure you check out Garbett Homes, one of the most energy efficient builders in Salt Lake City that offers many modern home designs sure to please every family.