Every city is known for their hidden secrets when it comes to delicious food, fun shows and nightlife. But what about the kids? Something that makes Salt Lake City such a family-oriented place is there variety of things to do that involve children, too! Check out these five places to visit in Salt Lake City that will keep the kiddos entertained and excited.
- Lagoon Amusement Park- Just 16 miles north of Salt Lake City, Lagoon Amusement Park has something for everybody, no matter what age you are. With over 45 different rides, lodging and a waterpark, there is always a good time waiting for you and your family at the Lagoon.
- Real Salt Lake- Have kids that love sports? Salt Lake City has their own Major League Soccer team, making The Rio Tinto Stadium a great attraction when they play at home. They even hold soccer camps for children to improve their soccer skills, be social and work on their sportsmanship. Not into soccer? The Salt Lake Bees are the triple-A affiliate of the Anaheim Angels and make a great family-friendly event!
- Jungle Jim’s Playland- All kids wants to play, even if the weather isn’t so nice. That’s why Jungle Jim’s Playland is a great attraction, rain or shine. It is an indoor amusement park for children with everything from bumper cars to arcade games. They even make a great place for group outings or to host birthday parties.
- Wheeler Historic Farm- What’s better than a educational place to bring children that’s open 365 days a year? Not much! Wheeler Historic Farm is a 19th-century dairy farm that offers exhibits, demonstrations and tours. Even better, it’s an interactive farm that allows visitors of all ages to see the farm animals and get involved with what’s happening!
- The Leonardo- A center for exploration, The Leonardo is known for it’s connection of science, technology, art and more. A non-profit community-powered museum that is an interactive and educational place for children to learn and grow. A great place to ask questions, get your mind moving and to dive right into things your children never explored before.
These are just five of the dozens and dozens of places to bring children for a fun day of adventure, a weekend of travel or to even bring a birthday party to. Salt Lake City has options for every age, no matter what the little ones might be interested in. Explore new worlds of wonder, all within an hour of Salt Lake City.