Beyond it's elegant beauty, Salt Lake City is a rejuvenating place with something for everyone. With so many reasons why it is an ideal place to live, it is hard to focus on just one. Here are the top 5 reasons we think Salt Lake City should be on your radar when thinking about buying a new home.
- Nature and Scenery
- Welcome to nature’s true playground, an oasis of beauty everywhere you look. Canyons, creeks, forests, trails and mountains are just some of the beautiful scenery you can see while not only in Salt Lake City, but in Utah. Five of America’s most renowned national parks are there, too, including Zion, Arches, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef and Bryce Canyon.
- Ski Resorts & Outdoor Activities
- Looking for a quick ski trip? Salt Lake City is a destination from 92 different U.S. cities and the airport is within miles of 14 different ski resorts. The four closest mountain to Salt Lake City get the most snow in the entire state. (Most resorts receive an average of 500 inches of snow a year!) Talk about a good location for snowy activities. SLC also has over 150 miles of bike trails and paths for an afternoon ride or even training for a race. Farmer’s Markets and festivals are not just something for the warm weather months, either. There is always an event going on outdoors for everyone to enjoy.
- Stellar Job Market
- According to Zip Recruiter, in 2014, Salt Lake City was the number one place to look for a job. They have an unemployment rate that is three points below the national average, which is a huge advantage. Forbes has also rated it as one of “Best Places for Business and Careers.” With a large percentage of the population in their 20-somethings, recent college grads have headed to SLC because of low rent and high starting pay.
- Music. Food and Nightlife
- Free concert series downtown, dazzling restaurants and an endless amount of food trucks to suite every taste bud, Salt Lake City takes pride in all that it offers outside of work and daily responsibilities. The Sun Dance Film Festival is also a big draw for not only visitors, but for residents. Up and coming bands, piano clubs and a surprising amount of country western bars make Salt Lake City unique and inviting.
- Place to Start a Family
- In a ranking done by Livability of the top 100 places to live in the United States, Salt Lake City is all the way at number 18. This ranking is based on affordability, access and proximity to things such as schools and hospitals, a variety and large choice of amenities and how many residents utilize the resources offered. Salt Lake City was a place that surveyors noted as somewhere that government leaders place a high emphasis on family. And while there is a variety of things to do for adults, there is also an unlimited amount of adventures that kids can enjoy.
Whether you’ve been before or you want to take another visit, Salt Lake City has something to offer for everyone. No matter what stage of life you are in or what you are looking for, odds are that SLC has it. When looking for a new home, don’t leave Salt Lake City off your list of potential places to call home.